Solved: Windows Live Messenger Interrupts Network Connection

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

realdeal_55

Hey, guys. I was wondering if any of you could help me with a problem I've been having with Windows Live Messenger.

I am able to sign into WLM, but after a few seconds of connectivity, it seems to interrupt my internet connection; I get a "Limited or No Connectivity" message from my computer for a few seconds, and then it connects again, and the cycle repeats. I am connecting wirelessly to my own WAN. My brother, who also connects wirlessly, doesn't have the same problem. He's running Windows Vista Home (?) SP1 on a Gateway laptop of some sort.

I am running Windows XP Home SP3 on a Compaq Presario V2000. 2GB RAM, 2.0 GHz processor. If you have any more questions to ask that might help me solve this, ask away. I posted the issue in my journal, and from there it was determined that this is not a firewall issue.

Uninstalling and reinstalling WLM did not solve the problem.

I also tried System Restore to solve both this and another problem of mine. However, my restore points seem to be corrupted somehow; I tried restoring to a date in each of June, July, and August, and System Restore failed on all three counts.

It seems my computer is more messed up than I thought it was. :p

Any and all insight is appreciated! Thanks in advance, guys!

realdeal_55

Hi to everybody who may be watching this thread.

I was unable to find the source of the problem (slightly disappointing), but upgrading to the WLM 9 Beta seems to have stopped the problem.

If the problem comes back, I'll bring it back here.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Members online