1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Windows Live Messenger Interrupts Network Connection

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by realdeal_55, Sep 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. realdeal_55

realdeal_55 Thread Starter

Hey, guys. I was wondering if any of you could help me with a problem I've been having with Windows Live Messenger.

I am able to sign into WLM, but after a few seconds of connectivity, it seems to interrupt my internet connection; I get a "Limited or No Connectivity" message from my computer for a few seconds, and then it connects again, and the cycle repeats. I am connecting wirelessly to my own WAN. My brother, who also connects wirlessly, doesn't have the same problem. He's running Windows Vista Home (?) SP1 on a Gateway laptop of some sort.

I am running Windows XP Home SP3 on a Compaq Presario V2000. 2GB RAM, 2.0 GHz processor. If you have any more questions to ask that might help me solve this, ask away. I posted the issue in my journal, and from there it was determined that this is not a firewall issue.

Uninstalling and reinstalling WLM did not solve the problem.

I also tried System Restore to solve both this and another problem of mine. However, my restore points seem to be corrupted somehow; I tried restoring to a date in each of June, July, and August, and System Restore failed on all three counts.

It seems my computer is more messed up than I thought it was. :p

Any and all insight is appreciated! Thanks in advance, guys! [​IMG]

2. realdeal_55

realdeal_55 Thread Starter

Hi to everybody who may be watching this thread.

I was unable to find the source of the problem (slightly disappointing), but upgrading to the WLM 9 Beta seems to have stopped the problem.

If the problem comes back, I'll bring it back here.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/751747

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice