1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Windows Live Messenger-TURN IT OFF TURN IT OFF!

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by lmallett, Jan 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lmallett

lmallett Thread Starter

This is driving me crazy. My HP has Windows 7 and everytime it connects to the internet (wireless connection) Windows Live Messenger opens down in the left hand corner taskbar near the start menu. I close it, and fifteen minutes later it will open again.

I opened the options and unchecked the boxes pretaining to 'Run Windows Live Messenger when windows starts' but it still repeatedly opens. I use hotmail, but i really have no use for Messenger. The program is not listed under add/remove programs. Someone please help me turn this thing off.

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

It should be listed in Programs & Features under Windows Live Messenger or Windows Live Essentials. If you still can't find it listed then go to get.live.com and re-download the installer, reinstall it, then uninstall it.

3. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/898936