1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Windows login problem - goes to temp profile instead of the normal one

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Jens14, Sep 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Jens14

Jens14 Thread Starter

When installed the newest graphic's driver I rebooted windows as suggested, I click on my Windows profile (takes longer than normal, knew something was wrong). Then all of the suddenly I'm in an temp account.

I have Windows XP Professional by the way.

This happend once before, then I made a new account and configured everything. But I don't want to do that again so I'm asking for help.

Anyway to fix this?

2. Keywal

Keywal

windows profiles are 10 a penny dude.. recreate one.

if you really need to save your own, try a system restore?
    go back to before you installed the driver and you could save it and do some research before installing again.

try the usual for that, i mean run as admin, run in compatability mode and so on..

hope this helps!

3. Jens14

Jens14 Thread Starter

Well, creating a new profile is a solution but this happend before and I don't want to keep creating new profiles and configuring programs etc everytime.

I'll try the system restore, that's a good one.

I didn't quite get what you meant with "try the usual for that, i mean run as admin, run in compatability mode and so on.." though, could explain this more please?

Thanks for your help by the way!

4. Keywal

Keywal

hey no worries,

if your in vista, right clicking on any executable file will give you the option to run as administrator. this gives the application full control of the machine and lets it do what it wants.... i.e manipulate driver signings and what not.

if its an old progam or game or what ever then, again right clicking on the file and going to properties and choosing 'run in compatability mode' will run the setup in the enviroment that it was designed for...

i hope you understand that... (y):D

5. Jens14

Jens14 Thread Starter

I use Windows XP, not Vista...

6. helpful

helpful

7. Jens14

Jens14 Thread Starter

It's a Geforce. Anyway the problem has been solved by using system restore (I never thought this day would happen) but thanks anyway :eek:

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/862693

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice