1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Windows Mail and @live.com mail account

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by dustyjay, Sep 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dustyjay

dustyjay Thread Starter

First Name:
    Jay
    I am new to Vista and actually like Windows Mail. I have my ISP email account which works as it should in Windows Mail. I also have a @live.com (I suppose this is the replacement for the hotmail account.). Is there a way of adding the @live.com account to the accounts in Windows Mail? If this should be addressed in the Vista Forum feel free to move it please. TIA for any help:)

2. ShadowProwler420

ShadowProwler420

Go to Tools > Accounts within Windows Mail. That wizard should be pretty self-explanatory in adding your @live account. I was able to set up one of my gmail accounts pretty easily with it. ;)

3. dustyjay

dustyjay Thread Starter

First Name:
    Jay
    Account: 'mail.live.com', Server: 'mail.live.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR Cannot connect to POP server 207.46.11.121 (207.46.11.121:110), connect error 10060', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC90

Above is the error I get in return when attempting to use the standard inputs

4. ShadowProwler420

ShadowProwler420

Although the discussion is for Thunderbird, try using what Johnfull posted in this thread and see if it helps:

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=860355

I'm suspecting the reason it didn't work for you the first time is due to having the incorrect servers specified for pop3 and smtp, as well as missing SSL port information.

5. dustyjay

dustyjay Thread Starter

First Name:
    Jay
    according to Microsoft, Windows Mail does not support "Web Based" mail services such as "hotmail, etc...", so I guess I am just going to have to keep using Windows Mail and Windows Live Mail (hotmail). Thanks for the help. If something new and proven to work comes along I would be interested in hearing about it, or if I happen upon something I will pass it along myself.

6. fairnooks

fairnooks Banned

Is there a compelling reason not to switch all your accounts over to Windows Live Mail instead?

7. dustyjay

dustyjay Thread Starter

First Name:
    Jay
    I have Windows Live Mail set to monitor both accounts. Yet Windows Mail actually gives more options for control than Windows Live mail does. Unless I can find a way to use both in Windows Mail, I will use windows live mail.

Temporarily Solved

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/752123

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice