1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Windows Mail will not close / open up after closing

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by vigron, Apr 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vigron

vigron Thread Starter

I have had this problem for a long time and tried a lot of solutions which have not been working.

That lead me to use the recovery cd coming with my computer. My computer is not 2 years old. It did come with Windows Vista and did work very nice for a long time. I am not sure if the problem startet after dowloading McAffee anti-virus.

When I have restarted the problem was there at once and it takes me from the page I am in and to the email-page all the time, so to write this message is quite a challenge.

I have done a recovery twice, but still the problem is there. I have not installed any programs yet.

I wonder if anyone can help me to solve this issue.

Best wishes vigron

2. vigron

vigron Thread Starter

I have changed my email program to Windows Live Mail, imported my mails from Windows mail and disconnected it, but it seems maybe that the email program is not the problem, as I thought it was. But I donĀ“t understand what causes my problem.
    It seemed very quiet for a while and the computer seem to work ok, but when I try to open up Internet explorer - or at least after I have worked a while - I am taken automatically back to the Inbox of the email-program all the time. Also when reading a internet-page, writing like this, or even when I open up my mails and read them.
    It is a very irritating problem, and I think my computer should be quite clean after rebooting 2 time.

And Windows Live Mails also opens up after closing, so the problem is the same.

Nobody had this problem?

3. vigron

vigron Thread Starter

Just to tell you abut the solution I have found - I think after some weeks without the problem.

I just vacuum-cleaned the fan (??). Very carefully so I did not touch the other parts of the computer.

Silly as it might sound, I think that solved the problem with the email program popping up all the time, and the little icon I could not get rid off.

Just in case you get the same problem.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/918653

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice