1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: windows mail won't let me paste document

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by cindon, Apr 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cindon

cindon Thread Starter

I frequently paste a portion of a document on an email without any problem. Suddenly when I click on "paste" the email page goes white-ish although it can still be read. Shortly thereafter I get the message that windows mail has stopped working and is looking for a solution to this problem. Then the next message is that windows mail is restarting. Which is does without problem. I can send and receive email otherwise without pasting. I have Vista Home premium system with Road Runner.
    Thanks!

2. mgdelamancha

mgdelamancha

Hi there, did you get any helpful answers to your question about being unable to paste on to e-mails with Windows Mail? If so, could you let me know? The only solution I got with this was to change the e-mail from Rich Text to Plain Text (on the e-mail window click Format, then click Plain Text). I could then paste and attach files to e-mails but would lose bold text, underlining etc. Do you have a better solution? I could sure use the help. Regards, Mike.

3. VistaRookie

VistaRookie

Try removing this Windows update: KB963027.

Or you can try to change to plain text. Then when
    you have pasted what you want into the email,
    change back to HTML format on the individual email.

Not sure either is a fix.
    Post back and let us know what happens.

4. cindon

cindon Thread Starter

Thanks Mike and VistaRookie! Changing the text did work.
    I have not yet tried removing the windows update KB963027 that you suggested VistaRookie but I will. Something changed recently as I had
    been copying and pasting without any problem until a month or so ago.
    Again thanks for your very useful information.
    Have a wonderful life!
    ~Cindy

5. VistaRookie

VistaRookie

You are welcome.

6. cindon

cindon Thread Starter

Well I just uninstalled the update you recommended VistaRookie and that did the trick! Thanks again for great info! Base on your help I'm not buying the Rookie part though!
    Many thanks!
    ~Cindy

7. cindon

cindon Thread Starter

Hi Mike - just to be sure you get word of this asap - I just uninstalled update KB963027 and that fixed the problem.
    Thanks for your help!
    ~Cindy

8. VistaRookie

VistaRookie

You saw through my secret identity...:D
    Glad it worked for you.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/820403