[Solved] windows me system information

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

delmec

i am using windows me only one thing wrong, when i click on either the help file or the system information line all i get is THIS PAGE CANNOT BE DISPLAYED ETC, have tryed sytem restore, thrown out ie6, put it back in no difference, anybody out there help?

The problem does seem to be related to the IE6 installation. This is the only reference around I can find at the moment:

Well I hope I didn't crash anybody as I did myself trying to open that overlong url.

But if you go here:

http://groups.google.com/groups?group=comp&hl=en

and enter: winme msinfo32 page cannot be displayed

you will get a link concerning the problem with an IE6 installation that was only resolved by reinstalling winme. There are some untried sugestions though that may work (click on "complete thread").

Also try substituting system information for msinfo32

delmec

thanks very much for info yesterday, problem noe cured, it was a program called easycleaner from toniarts, when i ran the reg cleaner,which is supposed to be safe , it deleted some files relative to the help file and system info, there is an undo option in easy cleaner , after running it everthing ok, again thankyou,rolling rog

Cool, I'm glad see one happy ending today at least :D I remember seeing Easy Cleaner as a reported suspect in one of those links.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online