1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Windows Media Player 10 skipping

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by blackmage83, Oct 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. blackmage83

blackmage83 Thread Starter

I recently upgraded to Windows Media Player 10, and now it runs very slowly on my computer, taking up to 3 minutes to load and to exit. Also after about 2 songs the music starts skipping and if I try to stop or pause, it takes forever for my click to register. I never had a problem with my old version, but I can't even find a way to go back to version 8 or 9. I would appreciate any help with either fixing vesion 10 or a way to revert to an older version. BTW, I've already tried just downloading the older version, removing the program through add/remove and also just going in and manually deleting it...nothing seems to work.

2. Deathblow

Deathblow

3. blackmage83

blackmage83 Thread Starter

Thank you so much...I was dying without my music and this did the trick!

4. Deathblow

Deathblow

Np, glad it worked.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/287345