1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: windows media player 10

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by the dr, Mar 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. the dr

the dr Thread Starter

i am running xp home and having problems with wmp 10. it will play video clips but when i try to play movie clips there is no sound and the video freezes then no programmes respond and i have to restart. once i have restarted all is well until open a movie file

2. pehbond

pehbond

sometimes wmp have had some playing problems in the past. i think it is worse than wmp 9. have you tried reinstalling the program or try powerdvd

3. the dr

the dr Thread Starter

yes i have reinstalled wmp but to no avail it does the same. they will only play in fusion hdtv. could it be a codec problem?

4. pehbond

pehbond

possibly but usually if it is a codac problem it would not play in the first place. are you running any player software in the backround such as real player, quicktime or winamp

5. the dr

the dr Thread Starter

thanx pehbond for your feedback.

im very new to this. no there is nothing running in the background. i should probably change media players but i find wmp easy for me to use. they would play in wmp classic till tonight as i have been trying all sorts of things and have stuffed that up i think. but any suggestions would be appreciated.

thanx again

6. pehbond

pehbond

7. the dr

the dr Thread Starter

well went to the link you posted and found some really interesting info. and also found a patch that seems to have resolved the problem.

everything is working great now. thanx again for your time and help:)

8. pehbond

pehbond

glad to help.

it would seem that a security update caused your problem. i swear that the updates cause more problems than they resolve

9. MtViewer

MtViewer

What is the URL for the patch?
    Thanks,

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/451787

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice