Solved: windows media player and windows update not working

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

igotshotintheeye

i tried to install media player but it said i needed the update rollup 2 so i tried to install that but it failed and no updates are working they all fail. Someone told me to uninstall some updates and reinstall them but i cant find them. any ideas?

thanks.

igotshotintheeye

how do i do a system restore?

which update?

i was told to remove KB904706 and KB912812 and install KB900325
them but i cant find them. does anyone know how to remove them and where i can find the other one?

thanks.

Add remove programs and check show updates they will be listed there

system restore help and support pick a task ..

igotshotintheeye

i really dont see them there. any ideas?

i cant even go to system restore cause my help and support doesnt work. when i click it it says i entered the wrong address. any more ideas?

thanks

igotshotintheeye

it says it cant find it. i dled the rollup thing but it said i needed .net framework 1.1 first so i dled that but when i try to install it it says the program im trying to upgrade may be missing. what would i do to fix that? i dont even know what program im trying to upgrade.

could we actually have some more details about your pc??

such as Operating System, Processor, RAM, Hard Drive, Graphics card??

igotshotintheeye

windows update doesnt work so i just have what it came with.

xp media center 2005, 2.4 core duo, 2gb ram, 500gb, 7600gt 256

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online