1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Windows media player audio, but no video

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by srdaly2, Apr 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. srdaly2

srdaly2 Thread Starter

I recently downloaded a couple avi files, and when they open up in Windows Media Player, they just provide the audio. I ran a codec search (because is said that there was an error downloading codec) and it said that: DivX v3 MPEG-4 (Low-Motion) were Unsupported. I don't know what this means or how to fix this so I can watch the file as well as listen. Any help would be much appreciated!

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

3. srdaly2

srdaly2 Thread Starter

Thank you so much!!! It worked perfectly!

4. thanhng00

thanhng00

Hi Guys

I have the same problems that window media with no video, i can not play dvd movie and dont know how to search for codes, and i did the same down load ffdshow and install but not working not sure that i install right or how?
    can you show me how? greatly appricated.

5. srdaly2

srdaly2 Thread Starter

I just clicked on the link and picked the "mirror" from North America and everything was fixed.

6. Elvandil

Elvandil

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/217425

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice