1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Windows Media Player cannot play any items in the playlist

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by killspyware, Oct 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. killspyware

killspyware Thread Starter

hi,
    i was trying to play this online radio station and this message "Windows Media Player cannot play any items in the playlist" popped up, with the error code "-072885579" follwed by something to the effect of "connection to the internet lost, hit F5 to refresh". it worked fine just a couple days ago. the only thing different between then and now is that i installed MS antispyware and zonealarm. any ideas on how to fix this?
    thanx.

2. ChRoNo16

ChRoNo16

i believe hats happening, is the ms anti whatever you installed is blocking out the radio station more than likely because its tryign to send information to your computer and this MS program dosent like it, alot of programs like that will give you the option of "Keep blocking" or "unblock" i suggest you do unblock, or change your anti spyware program, spam isnt a big problem if your cautios of what sites your going on, and your not looking at pron ;)

3. killspyware

nope, i disabled both programs and tried it again and it still didnt work. any other suggestions?

4. killspyware

any other suggestions?

5. killspyware

nevermind i just tried it again and it's working... hopefully it'll keep on working <knock on wood>

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/403729

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice