1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

[Solved] Windows Media Player cannot read CD drive digitally

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by wgreene, Jul 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wgreene

wgreene Thread Starter

When I attempt to play an Audio CD I am prompted with the following dialog: We have determined that Windows Media Player cannot accurately read your CD drive digitally. Windows Media Player will therefore switch to reading your CD drive in analog mode. Your CDs will play, but the following items will not work when playing CDs: Visualizations, SRS Wow effect, Graphic Equalizer.

Could someone please explain what's happening all of a sudden? WMP was playing fine until recently.

Someone suggested that I change my drive designations back to default. I recently switched letter designations for my burner and my DVD-ROM drive. I attempted to switch them back by going to Device Manager but was unable to. My CF Card reader had taken over one of the previous letter designations of one of the other two drives. So I went into Device Manager to straighten things out, but now I can't even find my CF Card reader listed. It was there before! In fact, it still works, but for some reason it's not showing up in Device Manager. I find all of this really confusing. If I could find it perhaps I could get the three letter designations back to what they ought to be, and maybe then WMP would work properly.

I would really appreciate help with this very annoying problem.

Thank you,
    Bill

2. wgreene

wgreene Thread Starter

Okay, I solved my own problem again. All I had to do was go into Device Manager > CD-ROM and remove something called NERO-IMAGEDRIVE 2. Doing so allowed me to switch my D and E drives back to their default settings. I had recently reversed them and found that I couldn't switch them back until I first got rid of IMAGEDRIVE 2.

Anymore it seems that every day I have another annoying problem pop up, some undoubtedly of my own making.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/86218

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice