1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Windows Media Player won't play my music offline!!

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by SarahMichelleW, Oct 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SarahMichelleW

SarahMichelleW Thread Starter

Hello!
    I have recently installed a new webcam, and to use this on Skype I had to update my 'drivers'. So I think I did this :confused: and now my webcam is working...BUT here is the problem:
    I have burnt CD's onto my Media Player and it has always played them back fine...NOW when I go to play my music it says that I have to be connected to the internet..??? I've never had to be connected before to listen to my music so i'm very confused as to why it's saying that now!!!??
    Can you help please?
    Below is my 'systeminfo' I believe.
    Hope to hear from you soon!
    Regards, Sarah

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) M processor 1.73GHz, x86 Family 6 Model 13 Stepping 8
    Processor Count: 1
    RAM: 1007 Mb
    Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset Family, 224 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 50971 MB, Free - 37613 MB;
    Motherboard: To be filled by O.E.M., To be filled by O.E.M., To be filled by O.E.M., To be filled by O.E.M.
    Antivirus: AVG Anti-Virus Free, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

2. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

Open the Windows Media Player. Click Tools > Options... > Privacy.

You might need to uncheck boxes in there:

[​IMG]

3. SarahMichelleW

SarahMichelleW Thread Starter

Hello, thankyou for your post! It turns out I just needed to download a new licence to play my music! I basically allowed it to connect to the internet when trying to play my music and it connected to microsoft which said that I needed a licence to I just dowloaded that and it works!! :)
    Incase anyone should have the same problem and is as clueless as me!!
    Sarah xx

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/954979

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice