1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Windows messenger essestials- error code 80040154

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by ROGER7721, Apr 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Morny

Morny

Hi there Roger,

You should be able to view my photo in profile? Yes, I'm female and on the wrong side of 50, LOL That picture was taken last year so fairly up-to-date, although I have grown my hair a bit longer. I used to always have waist length hair and I always regretted having it cut so short. For a start, my ears got sooooooooo B*%$Y cold!!!!

I was brought up in Holland to English parents. We lived in the southern province and the southern half of the country is strictly Roman Catholic. My brother and I were never christened and my father being an atheist, said that we could choose for ourselves when we were older. This caused a few problems and I felt such an outsider. Couldn't speak the language for a start and gradually picked this up from playing with the children in our road. That is to say, when they stayed out! Often what happened was that when my brother or myself went out to play, most children were called in!!!! I had a school friend (white) and she befriended an Indonesian boy. There are many Indonesian people living in Holland and they are truly wonderful and I always got on well with them. I remember one time walking with my friend Henny (I think that was her name) and some kids (about 12 or older) started calling her names and then threatened me. They said that if I knew what's good for me, to stop associating with this girl. Or something to those words. Dreadful, isn't it? Frightened me a bit but I continued to talk with her, although did it more in secret. My brother and I went to a school that catered for non-religious children, although there were a handful that were Protestant, or Catholic, can't remember now and once a week, they had bible lessons and the rest of us crammed into this room to do some reading to while away the hour.

Soooooo, although I wasn't christened, I always used to wonder what life was all about. The times I used to ask my Mum why I was here? I used to wonder an awful lot about life. You get born, go to school, learn stuff, get bullied, etc. and then die at the end of it. What was the point??? I was only about 6 yrs old and my Mum never knew what to reply when I went all philosophical on her. She said I was far too young to think of things like that and to go out and play!! LOL

Anyway, to cut a very long story short, some years ago, I did read the bible and I enjoyed it, although whenever the bible word was mentioned anywhere, or anyone spoke of God, I tended to shy away. However, spinning forward to a couple of years ago, I got very interested in science and the Universe, blah blah and then one day the penny dropped. The universe IS God and God is the UNIVERSE!!! We are all spiritual and connected to one another in some way. Maybe I wasn't ready earlier on and had to find my own way to this conclusion. Although I don't see my brother much these days (can't stand his wife!!!) he started long before me with dabbling with different food stuffs, or nuts and bolts, as my dad used to call his meals! LOL

I'll stop for now and let you digest this
    Love Maureen x x x

2. Janri

Janri

I have the book. It's funny because my own spiritual beliefs Incorporate that rule. So the entire time I was reading the book I was telling myself, I already knew this. But it's still good to try to practice. It's all about possitive thought brings possitive energy. That inturn manafests in possitive resaults. Same is true for negativity.

Just my two cents.

Peace

3. antech

antech Banned

Negetivity sometimes is very useful.

4. ROGER7721

ROGER7721 Thread Starter

Janri, I also have spiritual beliefs that incorporated the Law of attraction. I sensed that I already knew of such a law when watching the video. It simplified everything. Antech, can you expand on your comment that negativity can be good?

5. Morny

Morny

Yes, I was wondering about Antech's comment about negativity can be good?

The thing I battle with sometimes is to maintain a positive attitude. I mean you get all sorts of situations and people with other ideas/ideals and if you tend to think a lot (as I do) you then dwell on any given thing. I do have a habit of analysing things and situations. (This is why it takes me so long to make a move in chess!! By the time I think so far ahead .... if I move that pawn over there, then his castle will have me, etc etc. By the time I've made up my mind, my opponent has gone to sleep!!!)

Also, I have to often force myself to be cheerful and positive. I then have to remind myself how lucky I really am. I am alive, I have friends, I have accumulated knowledge and am constantly learning new things, I am married to a wonderful husband. I do have my health but battle constantly with food intolerances and Candida infection but otherwise I'm fine and at least it keeps me slim (or should that be underweight?). I then put on some music and I am happy again.

Roger, what I wanted to say to you is that once you actually 'click' or 'the penny drops' about life, you will see everything around you differently. You suddenly feel you have opened your eyes for the first time. Funny thing this life because if you then look around you, everything has always been there from the outset. It's once we 'open' our eyes and hearts, that we see life in such a lovely way and then EVERYTHING is wonderful and you want to shout from the rooftops to let everyone know!

Also, what are your other spiritual beliefs, then, Roger, I just wondered, that's all

6. ROGER7721

ROGER7721 Thread Starter

That is such a wonderful reply Morny, thank you for that. Your message makes me feel more optimistic. I want to share something though that is personal, I shall emial you.
    Your friend, roger

7. Morny

Morny

You're up early? lol

8. antech

antech Banned

Best of Luck ,Roger.

9. ROGER7721

ROGER7721 Thread Starter

I thought I sent the above message private, oh well, there is a reason for everything. Roger

10. Morny

Morny

Go to EDIT and then click DELETE message

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/919977

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice