1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Windows Movie Maker

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Drew7997, Jul 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drew7997

Drew7997 Thread Starter

OK, I was getting an error opening my saved project.
    NOW, I have all the vids and music on a CD.
    for testing purposes I copied all the files onto a folder called SOC onto my desktop. I open MM click on, import video, navigate to the SOC folder on my desktop, select all the vids, then click on import/ok. I was getting errors asking me to debug/close. once I successfully imported all files (96)
    I click on the vid, drag it to my storyboard, I do the same for #2, I was even able to do up to #5. Didn't try anymore. I then decided to try and create the movie since this was my error on another computer.
    I click on "save to my computer" give it a name of test and the location of my desktop, click on Next, leave "Best quality for playback on my computer", click on Next,
    it flashes on the saving movie screen, i know this because i've been able to successfully create other movies.when I say flash it's all of 1 nanosecond. then shows the Cannot complete teh save movie Wizard. "Windows Movie maker cannot save the movie to the specified location, verify that the original source files used in your movie are still available, that saving location is available, and there is enough free space availiable, then try again.

my problem is that I JUST imported these files, 2nd is that they are always available, 3rd is that I have a single HD of 80 gig, 64gig of which is free.
    I've had this exact same error on my other computer.
    On mY 1st computer I am running celeron 2.0, and 512MB of RAM.
    on this computer I am running a P4 3.0 with 512MB of RAM
    Ive also tried saving it to a network drive, which has 1.7TB of room open, same error message. Please help. Or if I can send the files to somebody to create. the file format is *.mpg with 2 *.mp3's

2. Drew7997

Drew7997 Thread Starter

Answer: WMM does not accept *.mpg's.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/595386

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice