Solved: windows prompt screen before windows load screen

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

spidrmage

i just finished reformatting but everytime i start up windows (xp), i get a screen asking me if i want to run windows xp home edition or windows recovery console, and it gives me about 2 seconds to choose and disappears. why is this screen appearing every single i boot up? it hasn't affected the computer but its just so annoying to see everytime. if there is a way to get rid of this, i would appreciate some help, thanks!

Squashman

Trusted Advisor
Lets see the contents of your boot.ini file.

It is located at c:\boot.ini

spidrmage

[boot loader]
timeout=3
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect
C:\CMDCONS\BOOTSECT.DAT="Microsoft Windows Recovery Console" /cmdcons

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online