Solved: Windows Reseting my Screen Resolution

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Nikki0417

First off, let me get the specifics out of the way. I'm using a Tablet Pc (Hp Compaq tc4200) and Windows XP.

Now for the problem: every time I restart my computer or maybe just close and open it again after a hour, the screen resolution is at 800x600. I keep resetting the resolution to 1024x768 (that's the highest resolution my laptop can take without me having to scroll down to the start menu), but the computer just resets itself everything I turn it off. It's as if I did nothing. I'm pressing the "Apply" and "OK" buttons in the window, and I can't figure out if there's something else I should be doing.

I installed and then unistalled a trial for Photoshop CS4 before the problem occurred. Could that be the cause of my problem? Sorry if this topic has been posted before. I tried to search for it, but couldn't find anything.

Hermitt43

Jim
Boot to Safe Mode (Enable VGA), this uses the defined driver but
at a minimum resolution & refresh rate. Once XP is running you can
setup your preferred viewing params. then reboot and see if it keeps your settings.

Hope this helps,
Jim

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online