Solved: Windows Security Alerts

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Robert the Bruce

Banned
I'm getting a Windows Security Alerts icon on my taskbar (bottom of monitor screen). It's a red shield with a white cross. When I click on the icon a Windows Security Centre window opens. But I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do now. Everything seems to be the way it's always been. I've always had Windows Firewall off because I use McAfee's firewall. How do I get rid of this icon and why is it there ? My OS is Windows XP Home.
Also at the same time I was getting a McAfee Real-Time Scanning is off warning. What's going on ?

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Go Start run and type msconfig. Click startup tab.
Is McAfee shown on startup

Robert the Bruce

Banned
I downloaded and installed some updates and that seems to have solved the problem. Still odd though.

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Thank you for replying. If you are content please mark the thread SOLVED

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts