1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Windows Security Center Cannot be Turned On

Discussion in 'General Security' started by flexy633, Feb 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flexy633

flexy633 Thread Starter

Hello! I am running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit on a Dell Inspiron 560. Recently, I noticed an error message that Windows Security System needs to be turned on. I've tried to turn it on and get a message that says, "The Windows Security Center service can't be started."

I have gone into services and tried to start it there. I then get this: Windows Could Not Start the Security Service Center on local computer. Error 1075: The dependency service does not exist or has been marked for deletion."

I ran Malwarebytes Anti-Malware last night and it found one PUP that I was not able to remove, and could only quarantine it.

Another system error that shows up in the Action Center is that I need to troubleshoot a problem with my computer's hard drive. I've run through the steps and did the hard disk error checking tool. But, it gets stuck and never boots back into Windows, so I have to do a hard boot.

Any suggestions on what could be going on? This all started a few weeks ago when I wound up on some weird website. If this needs to go into a different topic area, please move my message. Thanks for any help that can be provided!

2. flexy633

flexy633 Thread Starter

I did a search of this forum and found a registry fix. It worked and all is normal again. :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1143939

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice