1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Windows Sidebar Crashes Every Time Its Launch

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Renamed&Closed7, Mar 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Renamed&Closed7

Renamed&Closed7 Account Closed Thread Starter

I only installed Vista sp1 onto my aging machine about 13hours ago. (During Middle of the night) I never installed anything other than my sound card drivers (Realtek AC'97) and My Graphics card drivers (ATI X1650 Pro.) And my Mouse Drivers (Microsoft Notebook Optical Mouse 3000) Yet when i woke up this morning to check my emails like usual, I am confronted with.

"Windows Sidebar Has Stopped Working, Windows can check online for a solution."

Problem Details;

Description:
    Stopped working

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: sidebar.exe
    Application Version: 6.0.6000.16386
    Application Timestamp: 4549b6d7
    Fault Module Name: kernel32.dll
    Fault Module Version: 6.0.6000.16386
    Fault Module Timestamp: 4549bd80
    Exception Code: e0434f4d
    Exception Offset: 0001b09e
    OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 2057

Any Suggestions anyone? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Maybe even a Link to a Generic backup of M$ Vista's sidebar on the internet (To replace my broken one)

Before anyone says, Spyware/AV check. I never installed my modem into this OS until about 20 mins after I recieved this message.

2. joeten

joeten

3. Renamed&Closed7

Thanks for the link man, but no use. I have a sneaking suspicion that the problem is being caused by my mouse drivers/Utility. I will try uninstalling it tomorrow because its bed time now like.

Not going to bother doing a repair install so soon after doing a fresh install. If worst comes to worst I could always use Thoosje's Vista Sidebar and disable the windows one.

4. Renamed&Closed7

I did a system restore which fixed the sidebar and also went back to before my Mouse Utility/Drivers were installed.

My sidebar worked fine right up until i re-installed Microsoft Intellipoint 6.2 and subsequently broke again.

Then it immediately started working correctly once i had removed Intellipoint again.

so....
    It appears to me that there is a Compatibility issue between my sidebar and Microsoft Intellipoint 6.2.

5. joeten

joeten

sound reasonable is there a newer version of the driver yet

6. Renamed&Closed7

Yes there is, version 6.3 i shall give it a try. (To be honest i only need intellipoint for the magnifier and the ability to bind macros to my mouse.) So I'm not to fussed about it because the Standard mouse driver does the trick without those features.

7. joeten

joeten

well if you can live without it then make life easier and go with the standard enjoy

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/805947

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice