1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: windows signature/approved

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by maxirage, Jan 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. maxirage

maxirage Thread Starter

i am trying to set up a nextar mp3 ma933a-b player. when i install it, windows xp pops up a warning that it does not recognize any signature and it could cause problems to my system. There is no windows logo on the item or box. Should i continue? thanks.

2. GripS

GripS

I think what you are referring to is the WHQL(Windows Hardware Quality Labs) warning. Not all companies take the time to have their drivers certified to work with windows. If your really worried about it create a system restore point before continuing. I would say you will be fine though.

3. maxirage

maxirage Thread Starter

System restore pt setting?

4. maxirage

maxirage Thread Starter

how to i do the system restore pt setting?

5. GripS

GripS

Yeah..... If your running windows XP then click on Start->All Programs->Accessories->System Tools->System Restore. Click on 'Create restore point' and name it something like 'nextar'.

I'm almost positive you will be fine without doing the above. It's just a means of putting your system back in a state before the install in case you run into any problems.

6. maxirage

maxirage Thread Starter

thanks. done.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/536430

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice