1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: windows startup error

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by kevinmuff, Oct 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kevinmuff

kevinmuff Thread Starter

Whenever i startup my computer i get this error, how do i fix this?
    [​IMG]

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    At this moment you have at least 4 threads started with different problems with, I assume, the same computer. Time to "Recover" or do a fresh install of Windows.

3. Elvandil

Elvandil

Possibly something left behind when you uninstalled something.

Run Autoruns, find the entry (use Search if necessary) and delete it.

4. kevinmuff

kevinmuff Thread Starter

i will try that, and sorry for flooding the forums, i just didnt know if i should have put all of the problems in one thread, sorry. also, i just got the computer, i dont see why i would need to re install windows, plus, i wouldnt know where to start

5. Elvandil

Elvandil

It's often a hard decision, but generally best to have a separate thread for each separate problem. But just try to solve only 2 or 3 problems at most at a time and when those are solved, move on to more. They are often interrelated and don't seem to be, so solving one may solve many. Just take it a little at a time.

You should see that dll in Autoruns. It will also tell you what program it goes with so you can decide whether it should be deleted or fixed.

6. kevinmuff

kevinmuff Thread Starter

yeH I fixed this problem thanks

7. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    I did not mean that you should necessarily put all those problems in the same thread. As Elvandil said, "It's often a hard decision." Sorry for the confusion.

It was/is just my opinion that with that many problems it's better to just start fresh. Since it's pretty new I agree that you shouldn't be bumping into so many problems, but it also means it's an ideal time to Recover or reinstall.

Even if you don't want to do so now, you should realize that eventually you will probably need to do so. Did you get a Windows installation CD/DVD or Recovery DVD/CD with your system? If not, you probably got a Recovery partition along with instructions on how to create Recovery CDs/DVDs once. I advise making those disks as soon as possible because the day will come when something happens that makes the Recovery partition unusable. On average that day won't come for years, but with the luck you've had so far a disaster may be just around the corner.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/759266

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice