Solved: Windows Taskbar Folder And Document Question

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

HowdeeDoodee

I just installed a new hard drive (sigh) and I am trying to set up XP to do what XP did on my old, now dead, drive. On the old drive, XP would show a button for each document I opened on the task bar. As new documents were opened, the buttons on the task bar would scrunch up. I believe opening new folders worked the same way, in that, every time I opened a new folder or sub folder, a new button would appear on the task bar. How do I get XP to show open documents and folders as individual buttons on the task bar? (The default is to have numbers within one button showing how many documents are within each button. Thank you in advance for your reply.

HowdeeDoodee, Right click your Taskbar, choose Properties, under the Taskbar tab uncheck "Group similar taskbar buttons", click Apply/OK

Tufenuf

HowdeeDoodee

OK, thank you very much. Now the documents show up on the task bar in their own button, but is there a way to make the sub folders show up in their own button as well? Currently, the sub folders stay hidden behind the upper level folder. Thank you again for the tip.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online