1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Windows Taskbar is taking forever to load

Discussion in 'General Security' started by skyhigh007, Apr 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. skyhigh007

skyhigh007 Thread Starter

I don't know why but my computers windows taskbar is taking forever to load after boot up. Any particular reasons might cause this problem?

2. Morny

Morny

Hi skyhigh007

If you have many programs in your start menu then your computer will take longer to fully load. Has it always been this slow or have you maybe recently installed a new program?

You can check what sort of prgrams you have when your PC starts by going to Start button, Programs and then the StartUp link.

Not sure which system you are using but another way to disable any unwanted programs starting when your computer does, go to Start and Run....
    Key in msconfig and then OK it
    Got the the StartUp Tab and see which programs you have running on Startup

This link will explain further

http://www.online-tech-tips.com/cool-websites/msconfig-windows-xp-vista/

3. skyhigh007

It won't let me to click anything on the task bar until its loaded and it takes 5 min for the icons to show up on the taskbar.

I got this error " explorer.exe-Application error" The instruction at "0x00dd2d68" referenced memory at " 0x02c60030". The memory could not be written, click on ok to terminate the program, click on cancel to debug the program.

After few minutes, my desktop just shows the wall paper and everything disappears on the screen.

I'm running the latest Windows xp, Pentium 4, 2GB memory, Dell Dimension 4700.

What should I do?

4. Morny

Morny

You never can click on anything while the computer is loading and you shouldn't try, either! You can see by the light icon on your PC how hard the drive is working by the flickering and your mouse being an egg timer, as opposed to the normal arrow pointer (or whatever you have it set to look like).

I will check further for you

5. Morny

Morny

Just thought, have you ran your anti-virus program to see if you have any viruses, and also an anti malware and spyware program to thoroughly check your computer? It is worth performing in any case.

6. skyhigh007

I ran the Avast and after i restart the PC, thats where it starts the problem.

7. Morny

Morny

So Avast didn't pick up anything, or allowed you to delete any suspect item?

8. skyhigh007

Avast did pick up a lot, like 45 files and it handled by avast. After I restart my pc, the taskbar will load after 5 min of waiting time and the error message which i mentioned before will pop up and then i have to wait for another 5 min for icons to pop up.

9. Morny

Morny

10. skyhigh007

It won't even let me open IE.

11. skyhigh007

I did a System Restore and it seems the PC is working fine for now. Thanks

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/918195

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice