1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Windows Update Every Boot

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Reverate, Feb 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Reverate

Reverate Thread Starter

For a long time now I have been getting windows update prompts every boot. After a while i decided to turn on automatic updating hoping that it would sort itself out and install any updates however this is not the case. Looking at my update history it seems to be stuck updating the same thing over and over. A screenshot is included.

(edit: I have just run a repair on the framework through control panel so I will reboot now and see if this fixes the issue)

Running a repair has not worked, still getting prompted to update the framework.

Attached Files:

2. C141

C141

3. rainforest123

rainforest123

r
    Hello & Welcome to Tech Guy Forum

Please provide the model & model # to your computer.

When did the problem begin? Sometimes the exact date is important.

What changed? A hardware or software install or removal; update to W7 [ check the update history ], a program [ anti malware or other ]?

Did you run the Framework repair before or after C141 suggested that?

Return to W7 updates.
    RIGHT click the problem update
    Left click the "show" or "display" or similar details.
    I want you to post a screen shot of the details.

Using this seach string:
    kb2656351 Windows 7" framework
    you are not alone. Multiple people have posted to this forum regarding problems with the Framework, during the past month.

Have you visited the site C141 mentioned? At that URL is a link to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2698555 Which mentions logs. Did you allow log creation? If so, read http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2698555 and attach the logs to this thread.

RF123

4. Reverate

Reverate Thread Starter

When you say model & model no. do you mean for example Acer 5553G?

As for when it started I cant view my update history from before 10th Dec 2012 because it is filled with daily updates of the same thing. Is there any way to view further back? It has been happening for quite a while now. This is the same situation with your next point so I am unable to check what exactly it was which changed but considering I have a laptop and haven't changed any hardware (except the keyboard which happened more recently than this problem from what I remember) so I would have to say software update.

I will attach a screenshot of the details for both updates.

As for log creation, I ran the program and after I hit finish no logs were created on my desktop.

[edit] I Ran the program all the way through this time and hit send logs to microsoft, the logs file was created on my desktop please find it attached. (as a txt file instead of cab because the cab file was huge)

Attached Files:

5. rainforest123

rainforest123

6. Reverate

Reverate Thread Starter

I just noticed I have both Microsoft .Net Framework extended and client profile installed perhaps this is causing a problem? Anyway I will carry out your process and update you shortly.

Thanks

7. Reverate

Reverate Thread Starter

8. rainforest123

rainforest123

9. Reverate

Reverate Thread Starter

on my screen mine is different for some reason :S

(Your Link): http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=3556

(My Link) : https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=17718

oh well installed .net framework, updated and problem is now fixed! Thanks for the help

10. rainforest123

rainforest123

r :
    You are welcome.

If we are in different countries, we might connect to different servers; thus giving different URLs.

When you are satisfied with the status of the situation, please mark this thread solved.

RF123

11. Reverate

Reverate Thread Starter

Still getting updates for windows however it is not repeats which means it is most likely just catching up. Will leave the thread open a couple more days to see if it settles down, I think it's fine but just want to be 100%

12. rainforest123

rainforest123

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1088891

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice