1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Windows update failed code 80070005

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by newsun, Apr 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. newsun

newsun Thread Starter

Today Windows Update ran and failed with code 80070005. There was only one important update as seen below. I unsucessfully tried the following the fix the Windows update code 80070005 error:

1. Running the SubInAcl tool per KB968003. Windows Update still failed. Next I disable Norton Security and try again but Windows Update failed again.

2. Next I enable the Administrator account, switch user to Administrator and run Windows Update. This still failed. Next I disable Norton Security and try again but Windows Update failed again.

I have previously run Windows Update many times with no problems. What do I need to do to fix the issue?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 8.1, 64 bit
    Processor: AMD A6-5200 APU with Radeon(TM) HD Graphics, AMD64 Family 22 Model 0 Stepping 1
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 7630 Mb
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 8400, 512 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 704831 MB, Free - 223025 MB;
    Motherboard: TOSHIBA, Portable PC
    Antivirus: Norton Security, Updated and Enabled

2. newsun

newsun Thread Starter

Looks like this is fixed now. Unsure of what actually fixed it. I restarted my computer and it seems like it is installing some updates, so I waited and when windows starts again, I ran Windows Update and it asked me to install another update which I did but Windows came back and said update not needed. Just to be sure, Windows Update is working, I checked for updates again and this time, there are no more updates. So the original problem is mo more there and thus fixed.

[​IMG]

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1145910

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice