1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: windows updates

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by wacor, Jan 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. wacor

wacor Banned Thread Starter

I was wondering if there is a way to take the windows udates off of one computer to put them on another. both would have the same XP Media Edition OS

problem is i had to reformat my computer at work. Even though the computer was only a couple months old the restoration disc was old enough that there must be over 70 MB of windows updates to resinstall.

I only have a dial up connection at work and it would take forever to download all the updates. Where as I have a cable modem hook up at home and that computer is current.

I did a search us KB as the search item and found that there are some file folders that appear to be the updates. The only thing that concerns me is that my home computer had a virus which I may not have got rid of.

2. Blfalcon

Blfalcon

as far as i know you can't transfer updates. try taking the computer home and update it on your network

3. wacor

thanks for the response. i was considering that but looking for an easy way

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

You can go to Windows Update, and select Administrative Options. You can then download the updates to apply to multiple computers.

5. wacor

thanks again for the help

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/431452

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice