1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Windows Vista BLue screen and unexpected shut downs?

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by anachronistic, Aug 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. anachronistic

anachronistic Thread Starter

i just bought a lap top a month ago. I did not buy a year's guarantee...so now i have this problem ...i cnt even take this back to the store ...
    okay so like a week ago, i start getting this message when i close my laptop while its still running or whenever i shut it down..."there was unexpected shutdown...send problem information...etc" and now when i insert something in my usb outlets like my wireless mouse or a printer, and when i disconnect it takes me to a blue screen adn shuts down my computer...

I also had to system restore my computer becuase it asked me that in the beggining of my start up...
    Right now i can start up my comp and open programs but i need to resolve this problem...i talked to an microsoft assistant and she told me that i need a expert to help me becuase i did not install a program correctly and that did not install drivers...i assumed that this vista would come with everything ...but idk i need help asap...

2. Mumbodog

Mumbodog

Most all PC's come with a minimun 1 year warranty, check your paperwork.

Where did you buy it?

Make and Model?

3. anachronistic

this is a laptop...did not buy a year warrantee...bought it from staple ...had a 14 day return policy if hardware messes up...and its been just a little over amonth...

Dell Inspiron 1545

windows vista home premium 64 bit os

4. Mumbodog

Mumbodog

I have been shopping laptops recently and all of them I have looked at come with a 1 year warranty included in the price of the laptop.

The 14 day policy you speak of is in case you want your money back or a replacement unit, go back to staples and ask about the manufacturers 1 year warranty and what you need to do.

5. anachronistic

okay thabk you....but what if they say 1 year warranty was not included in the laptop price ...also to make sure i do have this warranty ...is there any kind of paper work i can look at...like inside my dell package?

6. anachronistic

okay never mind i see it on my box ...so they should be able to help me with this problem at Staples right?

7. joeten

joeten

hi as Mumbodog says it will have a warranty so they should have no real problem helping you sort it out.

8. anachronistic

okay thanks

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/857158

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice