1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Windows vista is having problems...

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Silico, Dec 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Silico

Silico Thread Starter

So one day my wireless internet on the computer crashed the switch wouldn't work on the laptop to turn it on i thought it might just be a hardware failure on the fact the switch didn't work anymore so i connect the computer wired in order to go online and fix the issue with Sony online support since they only give fifteen minuets the problem wasn't solved all i got out of it was that i had Malware on the computer that it had messed with some of the networking issues or something like that. so i started uninstalling some of the programs which i didn't need and that i thought cause the problem. then i realized these were install recently so i decided to do a system restore back to before these programs were installed. but i want to make sure i get all of the tweaks worked out and malware removed for sure can anyone help?

2. zbd21

zbd21

3. Silico

Silico Thread Starter

well i havn't used those programs yet but have managed to restore the wireless setting back to the way they were so now it works but there are a couple problems still with settings like it says windows does not detect an antivirus but i have one installed. would either of those programs fix that issue? or are they just to find and remove the malware?

4. Megabite

Megabite

Some Viruses turn off your Anti Virus...I would do a Quick scan with the free Malwarebytes and then SuperAntispyware and remove whatever they find....

5. Silico

Silico Thread Starter

sorry it took so long to reply but i managed to get it fixed thank you for your help

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/967335

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice