Solved: windows vista is teling me my laptp is infected when norton 360 says it is no

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

lily-1234567890

Just an hour ago windows vista on my Dell inspiron 1545 popped up saying my laptop is full of viruses and worms. i had a look at the list and it had email worms and viruses and it explained some of the viruses could delete evertyhing on my laptop. I coudn't beleive this as i had brought norton 360 when i brought my laptop and it is installed and up to date. so i did a scan on norton 360 and it showed no signs of any threats. now i don't know which one is telling the truth. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!

Phantom010

Retired Trusted Advisor
Please click here to download and install version 2.0.2 of the HijackThis Installer.

Run it and select Do a system scan and save a logfile.

The log will be saved in Notepad. Copy and paste the log in your next post.

Do not fix anything

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Norton does not find everything.

Try both of these on demand scanners, install them and update them twice before doing a Full scan of your PC

http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebyt...4572.html?part=dl-10804572&subj=dl&tag=button

http://www.superantispyware.com/superantispywarefreevspro.html
Lily:

After you download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.45 and SUPERAntiSpyware 4.35.0.1002, here are complete instructions for using them:

Start Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.

Click "Updates(tab) - Check for Updates".

When the definition files have updated, click "OK".

Click "Scanner(tab) - Perform quick scan - Scan".

If infections are found during the scan, the number of infections will be highlighted in red.

When the scan is finished, click "Show Results".

Make sure that everything is selected, then click "Remove Selected".

If you're prompted to restart to finish the removal process, click "Yes".

Start Malwarebytes Anti-Malware again.

Click "Logs"(tab).

Highlight the scan log entry, then click "Open".

When the scan log appears in Notepad, copy-and-paste it here.

Start SUPERAntiSpyware.

Click "Check for Updates".

When the definition files have updated, click "Close".

Click "Scan your Computer - Perform Quick Scan - Next".

If infections or problems are found during the scan, a list will appear.

When the scan is finished and the scan summary window appears, click "OK".

Make sure that everything in the list is selected, then click "Next".

If you're prompted to restart to finish the removal process, click "Yes".

Start SUPERAntiSpyware again.

Click "Preferences - Statistics/Logs"(tab).

Highlight the scan log entry, then click "View Log".

When the scan log appears in Notepad, copy-and-paste it here.

Please click here to download and install version 2.0.2 of the HijackThis Installer.

Run it and select Do a system scan and save a logfile.

The log will be saved in Notepad. Copy and paste the log in your next post.

Do not fix anything
Post a HijackThis log, as requested.

---------------------------------------------------------------

DoubleHelix

Banned
If your computer is popping up a message with the words "Your computer is full of worms", you most definitely have a virus. Reputable companies do not write notification messages using that kind of language. Depending on the severity of the infection, Norton 360 might not have been installed fully or was disabled by the virus.

Hi lily,

This is Mike from the Norton Authorized Support Team.

The latest version of Norton 360 is version 4 and as long as your subscription is still valid, you are entitled to a free update. If you need to update, please visit the Norton Update Center and update to the latest version. Norton update Center

After you update, or if you are already using version 4, run a "Comprehensive Scan" with Norton 360 to check for infections.

If the scan does not find any infections, please follow the instructions in the following document to create a Norton Bootable Recovery CD.

Thank you,

Mike.

Norton Bootable Recovery CD

Just an hour ago windows vista on my Dell inspiron 1545 popped up saying my laptop is full of viruses and worms. i had a look at the list and it had email worms and viruses and it explained some of the viruses could delete evertyhing on my laptop. I coudn't beleive this as i had brought norton 360 when i brought my laptop and it is installed and up to date. so i did a scan on norton 360 and it showed no signs of any threats. now i don't know which one is telling the truth. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!

lily-1234567890

Thankyou everyone, my computer has deceased in telling me it is infected and my applications are now working correctly. again, thankyou all :p

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online