1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Window's Vista Networking problem

Discussion in 'Networking' started by WeirdKitty, Nov 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. WeirdKitty

WeirdKitty Thread Starter

My computer had an odd networking issue. So here i am using mozilla firefox and my internet is fine but if i try to load IE it cant connect to the internet. Also i have many online games that have restricted access to the internet as well as my steam account which before i was able to log on but not play any online games.

I used to have Macafee but i removed it and ive made sure all my programs i use were in the exceptions of my windows firewall. even if i disable my firewall i still have the problem.
    i have scanned my computer with several programs and none of them has turned up anything.

help would be much apreciated
    ive posted on other tech sites yet nobody seems to understand whats wrong with my pc

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Run the McAfee Removal Tool.

Make sure you don't have any proxy set (Control Panel - Internet Options - Connections tab - LAN Settings - none of the three choices on that page should be selected).

3. WeirdKitty

none of the three are selected and my McAfee is removed from my pc so i cant access the removal tool

also i tried running these but they didnt seem to work

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Vista or 7.

Start - All Programs - Accessories and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt.

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log

Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Not even using Firefox? Download it on another computer that does have internet access and copy it to the problem machine using removable media (USB flash drive, CD-RW, etc.).

5. WeirdKitty

You are the most awesome person ever XD

i can't believe i uninstalled but i had to remove it for it to work my computer has been like this for months now i really appreciate your help

6. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    You're welcome. :)

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!