1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: windows vista

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by tigersrepair, Apr 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tigersrepair

tigersrepair Thread Starter

Have a HP G60 laptop windows vista home.had many virus's and trojens. thought if I used f11 and reprogramed it my problem would be solved.but it's gone from bad to bad..I have redone f11 4 times and it keep telling me windows didn't load and wants to do it again..I have also used the 3 disks that were made for reprograming the pc. still tells me windows didn't load..I have booted to a vista disk and tryed to repair but still won't start.I have tried to boot to safe mode but no safe mode says windows didn't load...I have pulled the hard drive and reseated it also the memory...nothing works..anybody had this problem? anybody know how to fix this problem? the laptop is only about 2 years old..this thing has me down...thanks...tiger

2. 1_rob_1

1_rob_1

Hi,

It sounds like your hard drive may be failing, to check whether or not this is the case,
    Download Seatools for dos from the link below & burn the prog to either a cd or floppy & boot your pc with it, it will test your drive for errors.
    (do a full/long scan)

http://www.seagate.com/www/en-us/support/downloads/seatools

Rob

3. tigersrepair

Hello Rob
    I did what you said and when I ran the tool it says drive not found..it's funny it tries to start..the welcome screen comes up and then it blinks I see the icons on the desk top for about 5 seconds and then it says install windows..window didn't complete...restart the installation..I have done that about 5 times with disks and about 5 times with f11..I also put in a vista cd and tryed to fix it..nothing works..so I'm going with you on hard drive is failing..maybe even gone...I had a feeling just needed someone to say it out loud...I just ran it again says no drives found aborting...
    Thanks Rob I'm going to save this disk...thanks again...Tiger

4. tigersrepair

Ok I'm back didn't work..changed the hard drive used the recovery disks that HP sent me and same..get an error message...chkerrbb.cmd...also..pininst_bbv...I have no idea...but windows will not finish loading...I googled the error and there is a lot of it going around..but I haven't found a fix...Tiger

5. 1_rob_1

1_rob_1

The only other thing to check is that you dont have a flash card inserted in the reader.

Other than this, I would only assume that the restore disc is corrupt.
    Hp support are quite helpful if this is the case, and will normally send you a replacement set of discs free of charge.

The only other suggestion would be to beg\steal\borrow\buy a full copy of Vista & try installing from that.

Rob

6. tigersrepair

Hello again Rob..Have no card reader..nothing pluged in..HP sent me two recovery disks..didn't help..I even tried to boot from a usb cd rom thinking the cd rom is bad..doesn't even see it...yes changed the boot order..have talked to hp. not to promising.said they would e-mail me in 24 to 48 hours..I couldn't get them to tell me anything..it's funny you google the error message and get all kinds of people having the same problem..you think they should know about it..I did ask them Why it won't boot from usb..they said it didn't have enough power to do it...What? I don't know..quess I just have to wait for they e-mail...I'll let you know what they tell me...Thanks for all the help...Tiger

7. tigersrepair

talked to hp again and they say there is a hardware problem..it won't load the os and it won't boot to usb...so it's going back..thanks for the help...tiger

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/916533

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice