1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Windows won't boot after drive format and fresh install

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by DexterDave, Jul 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. DexterDave

DexterDave Thread Starter

Hi All

Another one...I just formatted my C-Drive and installed a fresh copy of windows 7 ultimate on it. After restart, I got the following screen - See image attached. Now Windows can't boot at all. I tried using a system repair disk but it doesn't work. I doubt if it is a hardware problem, since I can access the boot menu and its options, but as I said, running the repair disk fails, I keep on getting that screen when it restarts.

Any ideas? Can it be my MBR that is screwed? What options do I have available?

Thank you very much!

Attached Files:

2. golddust

golddust

Did you try reinstalling it again - just in case it was a bad install the first time?

3. DexterDave

Hi golddust. Yes, tried installing again, but no luck. Any other suggestions? Can it perhaps be my MBR?

4. johnebadbak

johnebadbak

yeah wipe the hdd also delete the partition. Create a new partition during win7 install.
    You don't give any info on your pc desktop or lappie etc...

5. DexterDave

Hey, just an update...it was the display card all along...need replacing. But thanks!

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1059364