1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Windows won't boot

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by TMD45X, Feb 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. TMD45X

TMD45X Thread Starter

Recently upgraded to a new motherboard and processor but now can't boot to windows. I get a error message and a error code, i attached a picture of the error, can anyone please help me with this?

Edit: Here is a link t the photo
    http://www.mediafire.com/view/?pk8k29ypfhnp0th

Thanks

2. Abriam26

Abriam26

You updated to a new motherboard?
    You probably have an OEM Windows version.
    A OEM Windows works only works with ONE motherboard. (The windows on your hdd/ssd is ''sticked' to that motherboard)
    That might be a reason, why it doesn't work. (Because you upgraded your motherboard)

Processor, video card, RAM, dvd-drive, new hdd/ssd upgrades are okay :)
    (They should be compatible with the rest of the hardware though)

The motherboard is probably why you have problems.

My solutions:
    Get your old motherboard and put the new processor in that motherboard (if compatible)
    OR
    Re-install Windows with the new motherboard and processor and it should work (I can't guarantee it)

3. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

You cannot swap mb without either following the procedure outlined at the top of the forum OR just clean installing windows. At this point [new board already installed] you are pretty much limited to clean installing windows.

Note if you installed a new board into a dell, hp, or other big box system, you are going to need a new copy of windows as well. If you have a retail version of windows, then you can install it as many times as you want [as long as it is only installed on one system at a time]

4. TMD45X

TMD45X Thread Starter

I tried to fix the issue but I couldn't, I had no other option but to reinsall Windows. My old processor was a 1st gen i3 and the new board is socket 1155. Is there a way to "convert" my Retail copy of windows to a system builder version?

5. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

No. I am wondering why you would even want to [if it were possible]

A retail version ie a real MS disk can be installed as many times as you want. An oem or system builder version is legally linked to the original hardware.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1089125

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice