1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Windows won't load

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by bonkers72, Jan 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bonkers72

bonkers72 Thread Starter

Xp Home. Dell Pavillion 1110 desk top. I went to do a update with Malwarebytes, rebooted to load new updates, now all that comes up is just the desk top backround picture. Mouse arrow is useable. And I can do a CTRL,ALT,DEL to get into the windows task manager. Why can't I get everytrhing else to load? Thanks.

2. rotarysteve

rotarysteve Banned

Ya wouldn't know anyone by the name of Chad.... made his own beer... Dunno, he moved to Colorado and I never got to try his beer since i'm in ohio.

Past a re-boot which always seems to settle my computers "bellyaches", have a restore in mind just in case. I can't answer past that.... i'm in learning mode... :)

3. bonkers72

bonkers72 Thread Starter

Tried safe mode won't even let me do that...gets to the screen then stays black.

4. rotarysteve

rotarysteve Banned

you mean that even on a safe mode boot, you get the background screen then black....

can you get to where you can un-install the malawarebytes???

I'm probably already over my head for giving advice..... might wait for some more experienced folks to give ideas..... something really wierd going on with your computer.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/972527

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice