1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Windows XP activation

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by matty1stop, Sep 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. matty1stop

matty1stop Thread Starter

Is there any way I can uninstall windows XP after the activation grace period has ended. I would like to install ME or at least revert back to 98, but all I get is the activation screen. I can start in safe mode but it won't let me uninstall or install ME.

Any ideas? Thanks very much for your time

2. kodi

kodi

Use your winME boot floppy to get to the "A" prompt then fdisk and format then reboot and install ME

3. Deathblow

Deathblow

Do you still have 98 installed? I wouldn't recommend ME to my worst enemy, or maybe I would, but only because he's a real jerk.

4. pfurball

pfurball

Deathblow,
    (y) I agree on ME!! My son thought he was doing me a favour by installing it on my computer. I didn't realise at the time, being new to computers and found it kept crashing! I asked him to fix it and that was when he told me what he'd done. We call ME My Enemy cos it IS!! :eek: By the way, when I tried to go back to 98SE from WinXP Home Edition, I couldn't. I kept getting error messages that said I couldn't go back to a previous installation after XP! :(

5. paulus4605

paulus4605

you can go back to previous versions but you have to do a format before then you have no problem what so ever

Paul

6. kodi

kodi

Didn't read the original post properly. I agree reinstall 98, same method just use the 98 disk.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/275910

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice