1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Windows xp did not install local area connection

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Robincon, Jan 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Robincon

Robincon Thread Starter

My computer crashed. I bought a new Western Digital Caviar SE 160 GB hard drive. I installed my Microsoft Windows Home Edition 2002 cd onto the new drive but I cannot get a "local area connection" to install.

When I "add a new connection" it installs a LAN 1384 connection. I tried looking on the cd to install it but could find nothing.

How can I get the LAC installed from the cd or from a website that I can download from work onto my jumpdrive? Thanks!

BTW, I have uninstalled and installed again but no success.

2. cmw2010

cmw2010

Did you install the drivers for you network card? What type of computer do you have?

3. moper

moper

If your ethernet port is built into the motherboard, you need to install the drivers from the motherboard manufacturer.

moper

4. Robincon

Robincon Thread Starter

I did not install the driver for my network card. I will try that tonight when I get home. I have a Gateway computer.

5. Robincon

Robincon Thread Starter

Yikes! Not sure if ethernet port is built into motherboard. Three months ago I got the Vios connection from Verizon and had to upgrade my network card. I'm not completely computer savvy, but I believe the ethernet port was on the new network card. It was working just fine until the crash.

6. cmw2010

cmw2010

When you got the new network card you should have gotten a CD to install drivers.

7. Robincon

Robincon Thread Starter

Yes, I did. I'm leaving for home now and will install the drivers and see if that works. Thanks!

8. techy689

techy689

Yuppp... once you install those drivers you will be good to go..

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/538901

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice