1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Windows XP error

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by joshwalker, Jan 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joshwalker

joshwalker Thread Starter

Alright, the ice storm just came through last the other night.... I was sitting in my room on my ocmp and the power went out. it immediatly came back on though. When my computer was turning back on it went to this totally black screen wiht write writing and said windows failed to start properly. this MAY be due to a recent hardware or software change. It gave 4 ways to load windows and it said to choose one ...

Safe Mode
    Safe Mode with networking
    Safe mode. ..... with somethig else ... i forget
    Las known good configuration ...

i tired each of these and everytime my comp would end up freezing on that black screen.

now when i turn it on it says no operating system found

i have an HP AMD athlon (ithink) 1600+ 512 mb 60gb

anybody have any brilliant ideas ??? or should i toss the computer off a bridge ?

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

The unexpected shutdown sounds like it has damaged the Windows files on the hard disk.

You will need to do a repair of Windows (if that is actually possible with that model of HP)

Did you get recovery disks with it?

Be careful though as a complete system restore will wipe out all data that you have on the system. If a repair is possible then it may be able to be saved, but often the HP systems do not have a Repair option.

Just as well you had your important data backed up, isn't it ....?

3. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Any progress here?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/325126

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice