1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Windows XP File Backup Utility

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Rocketeer, Mar 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Thread Starter

I can't find the Backup Wizard in my System Tools. I understand that I can install it off the XP CD, but that wasn't provided with my computer. I created a Windows Boot CD when I first started the computer. Can I install the Backup Utility off that? If not, how can I find or download it?:

2. NETGUY10

NETGUY10

NTBackup does not install by default on XP Home. It can be installed manually from the XP Home CD and is located in %cd_drive%\VALUEADD\MSFT\NTBACKUP\NTBACKUP.MSI

I don't recall ever seeing it on an XP Pro disc. Microsoft does provide a recovery-only version compatible with Vista free for the download. It can be found at the following link:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...e2-8b69-4c65-afa3-2a53107d54a7&displaylang=en

3. Hughv

Hughv

4. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Thread Starter

Excellent info. Found, downloaded and installed it. Thanks very much.

5. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Thread Starter

Thanks netguy10. See Hughv's post he hit it right on.

6. redoak

redoak Gone but never forgotten

Please go to Thread Tools and choose "Solved." That will indicate to folks that you no longer need assistance. The courtesy will be appreciated.

{redoak}

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/692048

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice