1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Windows XP hangs at black load screen

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by saylorstl, Sep 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. saylorstl

saylorstl Thread Starter

I just replaced my power supply because after coming back from vacation my PC wouldn't boot. The new supply power works but I get to the XP load scree with the little progress bar and it just hangs there. I restored to last know good point and that did nothing and I did a system restore and neither seemed to help. I am able to start in safe mode but I'm not sure where to turn and I'm not sure what happened while I was gone. Any help with this?

Thanks

2. saylorstl

saylorstl Thread Starter

I was able to resolve this issue by going into Windows in Safemode. I went to my computer and right clicked the C drive and chose Properties/Tools/Error-Checking.

I check marked both options for Error fixing and then rebooted back to Safe Mode. It took a long time to do the error checking but when it finished it rebooted and Windows XP came back normally.

This is something to try for those with a similar issue.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/753044

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice