1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Windows XP Home SP2 regarding a laptop and mouse

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by xfile47, Jul 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. xfile47

xfile47 Thread Starter

Wondering if anyone could give me some instructions on using the mouse with a laptop. Now I mean using the built in mouse with the little pad, not another mouse hooked up to the laptop the pad on the laptop. It drives me nuts when you put the mouse arrow on anything dosn't matter what it is and in a second or two it opens automatically. you don't have to click at all. I hate that, when you want to do something you haven't got time to read anything it just opens the file or what ever. Is there a way to set something on the laptop to make it where you have to click the mouse before anything happens? Hope I explained this right. Can someone give me some pointers? (no pun intended) :)

2. The Hound

The Hound

I can't say for sure about your laptop, but on my Dell, I can go to control panel, mouse (in classic view), choose the Touchpad tab, and take the tick out of 'tapping'. That will force you to actually click the button.

Attached Files:

3. xfile47

xfile47 Thread Starter

Thank you very much, now I won't get so mad when I use it. I will close this thread, thanks again

4. The Hound

The Hound

My pleasure--it took me six months to get used to the touchpad. I now have a mini-mouse in my laptop case which I never use. Change is....

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/593418

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice