1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Windows XP Media Center

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by ozarkopa, Nov 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ozarkopa

ozarkopa Thread Starter

This is my first post, so if I goof, please be patient.

I have an eMachines T6520 computer, AMD 3400+ processor, 2 gigs RAM, 2 HD's,
    2 DVD drives. This setup has given good service since new in 6/07, except original
    monitor and DVD player failed. No out of the ordinary glitches until about a week ago.
    Also Canon 6700D printer (wow! is their ink high.) and Epson Perfection 2480 Limited
    Edition photo scanner.

Never a problem with the scanner until now. When I attempt to start a scan, a window
    pops up saying " Epson Scan cannot be started, Please use the Troubledshooting
    Assistant to solve the problem" Using the Troubleshooting Assistant does no good,
    says check usual things like is power applied; is scanner connected to computer,
    and so on.

If I go to the Device Manager and check properties for the scanner, the following
    information is displayed, along with yellow exclamation mark: " Windows cannot
    start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry)
    is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19) Click Troubleshoot to start the
    Troubleshooter for this device." Contact with Epson was no help, except the first
    tech I spoke to said the scanner was bad. He gave me a phone number for a local
    Epson rep, who advised that I try the scanner with a different computer. !!!The
    scanner works just like always.

So, the problem seems to be software related. The computer is functioning just
    as always, no problem other than this. I tried to contact MS tech support; it
    looks like you have to create a contract with them, pay for tech support. At one
    time I believe MS would give a person a couple of free calls, but it looks like those
    days are gone. I've never needed assistance from MS before; wont start now,
    at least if I have to pay for it.

I would appreciate any help someone might provide. I really like the scanner; it
    has document feeder for multiple photos. With the present situation, I have no
    assurance that another scanner would install and work. Bye the way, I have done
    all the normal steps to remove and reinstall including removing all traces of Epson
    from the Device Manager and the Registry. Their may still be traces in the Backup
    file/Restore file created by The operating system.

Thanks, ozarkopa

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/646495

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice