1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: windows xp netorking with linksys router

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Spmook, Feb 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Spmook

Spmook Thread Starter

HI I'm having real problems with my netwroking at home...I have 2 desktops (xp pro)and a laptop (xp home)connected through a Linksys router which is connected to my cable modem...I'm trying to set up file sharing with all 3 computers....if I bride the connections then I lose my cable net connection b/c the router has a firewall apparently. I have called linksys about this and they are no real help...can someone please tell me how to do this. without losing my internet connection. :mad:

2. blin

blin

3. Spmook

Spmook Thread Starter

I pinged my ip address and did the net view thing and saw my other destop fine...but when I try and look for it on windows it doesnt even show up in the workgroup computers...like I said before if I have a bridged connection the firewall in the router will shut down my net connections

4. Spmook

Spmook Thread Starter

Got it!!! Damn I botched my laptop all b/c of a studip protocol !!!

Anyway here's the answer in case anyone knows has this problem in the future!
    special thanks to :ewevan for this posting!
    checki ti out here:
    http://www.windowsbbs.com/showthread.php?t=23886[/URL]

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/331450

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice