1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Windows xp os install issues

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by pathwalker1991, Apr 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. pathwalker1991

pathwalker1991 Thread Starter

hi, i recently had a problem where one of my os system files was corrupted so i went to repair my windows xp, while i was doing this i accidentally clicked to install a fresh copy, now i have 2 windows xp os's, my original is not fixed and i cant fix it, my drivers are missing from the new one, my files and old os are still there but programs are not installed in new one, and they are both installed to the same default directory... i seriously need help, i would like to remove new version and repair the old version please, is there anyway I can do this?

2. sportcraqzy60

sportcraqzy60

format reinstall.

3. pathwalker1991

I can't do that as I will lose my drivers and my files, and I don't have a large enough usb drive to carry that many files, my flash drive is 4 gigs and my music alone is 6, and as my music source has been removed from the web, im not exactly eager to delete them, anything else I can do?

4. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

If you have files on your computer you don't want to lose, you need to back them up. You're lucky to still have them after accidentally reinstalling Windows. That process could have easily formatted the drive entirely.

5. sportcraqzy60

sportcraqzy60

Yes. You can try for exaple 8if the os doesnt boot the Puppy Linux livecd.

6. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO SUE

before u do anything if u can get to your documents burn what u cant afford to lose on cds or dvds and then do a fresh reinstall and start all over. u should have your drivers for that model of computer on a cd for future reference so that u wont be without.hope this helps u.

7. pathwalker1991

thank you all, im going to use a driver genius cd, and im going to use a belarc scan for my drivers so i can do what i can, and im moving my files to my extra internal hard drive to be removed when i format the drive and im going to format drive and reinstall and see what i can do... lol

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/992950