Solved: Windows XP Pro can't find hard drive on install

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

omglol741

well I had the same problem when I first got a new hard drive, but gave up and used Ubuntu (which is way better I now know). Anyway, now I want to dual boot so I can play games in WIndows. Ubuntu finds the harddrive easily and installs easily, but Windows can't even find the hard drive or anything.

So I used Parted Magic to shrink the Ubuntu partition by about 25GB and created a new primary primary partition.
I have a SATA hard drive with a PCI SATA card
my motherboard is from like 2002 and doesn't have any onboard SATA

halp please

You'll need to load the SATA driver at the F6 prompt. The driver may be available from the PCI card manufacturer.

omglol741

Nothing happens when I press F6 .:confused:

I wish this were more like the Vista install. On that one it gave you the option of using a driver when it can't find the hard drive.

You'll need to load the SATA driver at the F6 prompt. The driver may be available from the PCI card manufacturer.
I have the driver for my MOBO's SATA II. How can I install it during the OS install. It asks for my floopy A: drive but I do not have one!!!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online