1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Windows xp pro sp2-cdrom problems you can see my other threads-now I have this error-

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by xfile47, Mar 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. xfile47

xfile47 Thread Starter

I am helping a guy with his computer and wish I never said I would. Anyway, he has it on drive g. I kepp getting please insert disk in drive g, there is already a disk in drive g. I have tried in uninstall and reboot, device manager says there is no problem, I looked in the event viewer and it has this error over and over says AMLI:ALPI BIOS is attimpting to read from an illegal IO port addrss (0xcfc) which lies in the 0xcf8-0xcff protected address range. This could lead to system instability. Please contact your system vendor for tech assistance.. He had another hard drive in for an h and i drive I had to take that out. now he has c--d---e--f---g drives. the cdrom is not on its own ide cable cause I took the other harddrive out. also this is werid, when you start up, then I go to my computer and all the drives are listed. the floppy drive Cdrive and d and e and f and g for the cdrom. but if you click on any of them it takes you to the search page as if you went to start>search> and was going to search for a file, BUT, on the my computer page if you click the drop down box which also has all the drives in it you can click any drive and it will take you there. Please help, as soon as I get the cdrom working thats it ,,itis going back, I have to get it going, please help, Thanks

2. xfile47

xfile47 Thread Starter

Got it solved, he had to get his bios updated like I thought and he is finally taking out a 5 gig harddrive out that he had his OS on and reformatiing his 40 gig harddrive and putting the OS on that. I will mark this solved and I thank everyone for the help.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/343714

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice