1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Windows xp-question of hookup switch to switch?

Discussion in 'Networking' started by xfile47, Apr 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. xfile47

xfile47 Thread Starter

One question I need to know

If you go from DSL modem to Router then Router to switch
    my question is then
    If I wanted to hook another mini linksys switch into the bigger switch would you run the cat5e cable from the first switch to a reg port in the second switch or would you run it to the uplink port and then hook the 1 or 2 computers into the reg ports of the second switch.??

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Obviously, run it to the uplink port if available.

3. xfile47

xfile47 Thread Starter

Thanks John Will, appreciate it, I will mark this solve and again, Thanks

4. xfile47

xfile47 Thread Starter

One more question John Will if you would be so kind.

I haven't look yet but they have a dsl modem going to a Linksys router to a 24 port switch or 16 port I am not sure, so then would the router go to an uplink port on the first switch? She told me there wasn't an uplink port on the big switch but there should be shouldn't there? anyway if there is would the router go to the uplink on the first switch and then run a cable from any port on the 1st switch to the uplink on the second switch. ( and you would use a straight thru cable from router to switch and switch to switch?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/564953

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice