1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Windows XP Restores fails

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by crsaj, Oct 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crsaj

crsaj Thread Starter

I have tried several restore points going back two weeks to a month and every restore point I try fails. How do I correct this problem?

2. dvktc

dvktc

have you set a recover disk. if you have a problem with your os and restore point fails you should run recovery mode. but to do this you must have made a recovery disk earlier.

3. crsaj

crsaj Thread Starter

In May I had to reinstall XP. This was done by a computer shop. I did not make any recovery disk myself since the reload. I may have an original recover disk that came with the comuter. If I do, will that one work? If not, are there any other ways to resolve this issue?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/755328

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice