1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: windows xp start/menu bar wont appear properly

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by bigstev, Oct 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bigstev

bigstev Thread Starter

Hi everyone,

I have just got a new computer to muck around on and edit some stuff on and i decided to put xp on it but once i had installed it the start menu bar will only appear in classic windows form and not in the new xp form. Its not affecting the computer just bugging me because it doesn't look very nice. Could someone please help me.

Thanks in Advance
    Bigstev

2. ViprXX

ViprXX

did you try right-clicking on the taskbar and clicking properties then click the Start menu tab and make sure Start menu is selected and not Classic Start menu?

3. PriorTak

PriorTak

Hi
    does your windows explorer running OK? (folders etc)
    becuse I have a similar problem for a week or so, but i cant use WE also.

4. Tufenuf

Tufenuf

Bigstev & Prior Tak, Go to the link below and under the letter "T" scroll down to "Themes (Won't Load or only Windows Classic is listed)" where you'll find several possible fixes.

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_abc.htm

Tufenuf

5. bigstev

bigstev Thread Starter

Thanks Tufenuf that really helps me i found what i was looking for in that site.

Priortak you could just re install windows xp on your computer again

bigstev

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/640857

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice